Minted in 1883, the "Racketeer" Nickel, the first-year-of-issue Liberty Nickel is composed 75% copper and 25% nickel. Called the "Racketeer" nickel due to its similarity to the five dollar gold piece, which gave way to con artists committing fraud by layering the nickel in gold, until the word cents was added later in 1883. American Coin Treasures layers the nickel in gold to shine against the embellished wood grain handle of this timeless pocket knife. An exclusive design of American Coin Treasures, this extraordinary pocket knife features a 2 7/8 inch stainless steel blade and includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Blade materials: Stainless steel
- Blade length: 2.875 inches
- Handle materials: Wood
- Coin: 'Racketeer' nickel
- Minted in 1883
- First-year-of-issue Liberty Nickel is composed 75-percent copper and 25-percent nickel
- Called the 'Racketeer' nickel due to its similarity to the five dollar gold piece
- Certificate of Authenticity
Dimensions: 3 13/16" x 1 1/4" x 1/2"
Warranty: 1 year Limited Manufacturer
Materials: stainless steel, US Coins
Model No: 11218